SAIA BORDER KEI REGION
KNOWLEDGE - ADVOCACY - EXCELLENCE
The South African Institute of Architects - Border Kei Region is a voluntary organisation that supports and acts on behalf of SAIA National in the Border Region of the Eastern Cape. The Regional Institute is controlled by an elected Committee who hold office for a period of two years.
We aim to connect and enrich our local architectural community through various events and media as well as through professional support system. We also provide out members with up-to-date information and represent them at many levels in the public domain. To assist our members in meeting our SACAP Continuing Professional Development requirements, we research, generate and deliver ideas for enriching programs, including CPD courses.
The vision of the Institute within the Border Kei Region is to:
- Promote unity and support amongst all architects practising in the region
- Uphold and uplift the profession of architecture
- Promote and protect members' collective interests
- Support a positive impact on the built environment through integrity and professionalism
MEMBERS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Uphold and subscribe to these objectives within the built environment
- Maintain the dignity and ethical standards of the profession
- To enhance, with their professional skills, the natural environment to the benefit of all
- Uphold the fundamental principles of equality and justice which are implicit in the constitution
South African Institutes of Architects (SAIA), is a member of the African Union of Architects (AUA), the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA), the International Union of Architects (UIA), the International Commission on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS), and the International Committee Documentation and Conservation of buildings, sites and neighbourhoods of the modern movement (DOCMOMO).
The institute welcomes comments, feedback and participation by members. This is your institute - get involved and be proactive!